incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: cannot paste a web image into a presentation?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 10:35:17 GMT
Hi,

On 06.03.2012 03:41, lou ql wrote:

> I tried copy the logo at the topleft of this page then paste into
> document/spreadsheet/presentation, and find that the picture cannot be
> pasted into presentation. But I can do this in MS office 2010

Currently, I have problems reproducing your problem.

Can you please be a little bit more specific?
How do you copy the image?
Are you using a browser? Which one?

I have done the following using latest snapshot build for Windows, rev. 1296433:
- open the website in Firefox
- open context menu for the image
- choose "Copy Image"
- open an empty presentation document
- hit keys Ctrl-V
--> bitmap is pasted into the presentation.
(Unfortunately, its background is black. I am experiencing the same in MS Paint.
Thus, I assume that the copy process of Firefox does not recognized a possible
existing Alpha channel for the transparency.)

My 2nd try was:
- open the website in Firefox
- make a selection of the image using the mouse
- hit keys Ctrl-C
- open an empty presentation document
- hit keys Ctrl-V
--> nothing happens (the same happens in OOo 3.3). Reason for this is that the
presentation document can not interpret the HTML in the clipboard.

My 3rd try was:
- open the website in Firefox
- open context menu for the image
- choose "Copy Image Location"
- open an empty presentation document
- menu Insert - Picture - From file
- paste image URL into "File name" field
- check checkbox "Link"
- hit button "Open"
--> image is inserted as linked image. It takes some time to download the image
from the internet - I also had to allow the soffice.bin process to access the
internet.

Best regards, Oliver.