incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [BZ] Please change some default values when creating new issues
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 23:54:34 GMT
Am 03/05/2012 11:04 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> please can a BZ admin change the default version when creating new issue to
>> a more senseful value?
>>
>> "version58" -->  "AOO-dev" or "OOo 3.3"
>>

> What would you make the default?  Whichever you do, it will be wrong
> for some bugs.  Maybe 3.3 makes more sense, since users of 3.4 dev
> builds presumably can be trusted to override the default themselves.

When you ask this way, then the most recent and official version would
be best: OOo 3.3.

But honestly, "version58" is the worst pre-setting as it doesn't exist
for OOo and I don't know for what it was ever used.

> In any case, there is no admin setting for default versions.  The
> closest I've seen is setting versions via this QA form;
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/qa/issue_handling/submission_gateway.html

The webpage may a problem for itself, yes, but not the main one. From BZ
itself you can create new issues with this pre-defined version. See:

https://issues.apache.org/ooo/

and just click on "Chart".

So, IMHO there has to be a setting to define the default version to
present in this input mask.

> I think adding a&version=foo to the submissions would set a default.

Good hint, that's working perfect. :-)

> But in general that gateway form is in bad shape.  It is hardcoded a
> lot of legacy default assignments that are incorrect.
>
> This is a good project for someone who can give a couple of hours.

Right.

>> Furthermore, the version item "AOO-dev" seems not available for all
>> products. Could this be changed please?
>
> Do you know off hand which ones are missing?  Or even better, if you
> enter a defect in BZ classified under www/AOO Bugzilla, that will
> ensure I don't forget your request.

I've not looked into details but will try do so tomorrow. Then I can
give you a BZ issue.

Marcus