incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [INFRA] download.services.openoffice.org in danger
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:43:20 GMT
Am 03/04/2012 08:02 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:
> With the Oracle infrastructure going away we are in danger of losing the legacy downloads
and the root of the MirrorBrain network.

I haven't realised that this counts also for the download webserver. I
thought for mail services only.

> Also it turns out that the Extensions site uses the url updateexte.services.openoffice.org
for updates and that url points to download.services.openoffice.org

I don't know the reason for the linking. But maybe it's because a few
extensions are outsourced from the main repository due to their high
load. See:

http://download.services.openoffice.org/files/extended/extensions/

> SourceForge has asked to take control of updateexte.services.openoffice.org which makes
sense.

Great.

> What do we want to do about download.services.openoffice.org?

It can be switched to the alternative host which is hosted by
MirrorBrain itself, so that this is used for serving downloads instead
of the Oracle hosted service.

See the file "http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars.js". Just
exchange the content for the "MIRROR_MIRRORBRAIN_URL" and
"MIRROR_MIRRORBRAIN2_URL" variables.

Marcus