incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [INFRA] download.services.openoffice.org in danger
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:40:00 GMT

On 03/04/2012 11:02 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> With the Oracle infrastructure going away we are in danger of losing the legacy downloads
and the root of the MirrorBrain network.

> Also it turns out that the Extensions site uses the url updateexte.services.openoffice.org
for updates and that url points to download.services.openoffice.org

> SourceForge has asked to take control of updateexte.services.openoffice.org which makes
sense.

> What do we want to do about download.services.openoffice.org?

Dave--

These sites look identical to me. And they resolve to the same host --
192.9.173.38.

We need to preserve this site...absolutely! I think AOO should set this
up, frankly, not SourceForge.  The only area that I see that would not
be internal to AOO is the /contrib area for dictionaries.

Can this be done?

> Regards,
> Dave

MzK