incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Templates Website restored at SourceForge
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 17:56:29 GMT
On 03/04/12 10:53, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We migrated also the Templates website over to sourceforge hardware.
> We've restored authentication with the openoffice.org accounts, and
> make  some minor updates (e.g. changing some wording, deleting some
> references to openoffice.org accounts, etc).
>
> As of today, the Templates website is available at this address
> located on our domain, at the following address:
>
>   http://aoo-templates.sourceforge.net.
>
> We've modified it to work under whatever domain name the community
> chooses, and we plan to keep the site up and running under the above
> domain to allow the community to provide us with feedback and to allow
> for time to get the final DNS setup in place, just as we did for the
> Extensions website.
>
> We will work with the PMCC and the Apache Infra team to point DNS to
> the new location as soon as we can.
>
> Talking about next steps, we confirm we are collaborating with Oracle
> to switch openoffice.org users smoothly. By now we are already
> converting Extensions users with openoffice.org accounts to local
> users when they login (please note users need to log out and log in
> back to get the changes to take effect). We plan to do the exactly
> same thing for the Templates website right away if you like how we
> implemented it.
>

> Our offer to help to market AOO Extensions and Templates, e.g.
> interviewing creators and sharing the news via our media is still
> valid.
>
> As usual, we welcome your feedback and suggestions.
>
> Roberto
>
> PS few days ago we suggested to point also extensions.openoffice.org
> to the Extensions website, we ask you to consider such option, in the
> light of the fact that it contains two mailing-list that will be shut
> down in March. Of course we can preserve the link to the wiki,
> including it in the actual Extensions website.
> ====

Very cool!

Kudos to the sourceforge guys for working on this so diligently!

+1 to the extensions redirection.

I think now the Oracle and OSL logos can be changed to SF and
Apache OO logos, right?

I think the PPMC will have to review the terms of service that are
still being linked to a SUN site:
http://www.sunsource.net/TUPPCP.html

and the contact information, which currently points to the forums
and to a mailing list.

cheers,

Pedro.