incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO Logo for FreeBSD
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 15:46:03 GMT
Hi Shane;

On 03/04/12 09:53, Shane Curcuru wrote:
> Is there a particular reason you're using a different font and layout
> than the normal AOO logo?  Has the FreeBSD port usually had a very
> different logo than past OOO builds?

Mainly because I don't like the normal AOO logo and I wanted to try
something different. Also it's sort of cool to use a font that is also
under AL2.

We had never used a customized logo but that was mainly because
no one got to do it. I personally don't spend time on copylefted code
and I wouldn't have felt any motivation to do anything like this for the
previous OOo (or for LO).

> I really like the license underneath, and the small daemon on the
> corner, almost as if he's looking in to seeing what's happening here.
> That's a great combination.
>
> - Shane
>
> P.S. Personally, I don't like the font: too heavy and mushy looking,
> especially (I bet) at smaller resolutions - but you really don't need
> to listen to me on that kind of issue, since you're doing the work!
> Thanks!

Welcome :). I had already did some minor modifications to the license
font but for the time being the idea is to use this as a replacement for
intro.png, (that and about.png can be specified with "configure").

I am not yet considering this for smaller images.

Thanks for the feedback!

Pedro.