incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bauer <f...@akerbeltz.org>
Subject Re: How can we get OpenOffice started with Pootle?
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 00:22:28 GMT
02/03/2012 23:41, sgrìobh Gavin McDonald:
> See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/translate+pootle+service+auth+levels
> for more info on the privileges applied.
>
> You need not be logged in to submit translation suggestions.
> Therefore, no need to be a committer to do so either.
>
> HTH
>
> Gav...
Gavin, the nature of the best is that for small languages, you usually
have a team of one. If I add "Suggestions" then there is no-one who will
accept them or, if I get the right priviledges, I have to accept them at
a later point myself. Or indeed, if someone suggests a junk translation,
then how will a committer who is unfamiliar with the language going to
know?

I'd have to be at least a Project Admin level (looking at your table (by
the way, should that be "higher perms" instead of "giving higger
perms"?). Not because I want to commit but apart from the above reason,
because I'm not doing anything unless I can make backups (sorry, but I
*almost* got burnt very badly when OOO went down) and because I need to
be able to overwrite some of the old stuff (I was in the middle of a
major review of a lot of junk that ended up in the Gaelic translation).

If that's not an option, then I have to seriously think about
participation in AOO.

Michael