incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject NIS reporting WS.Reputation.1 on Windows developer snapshots [was: Re: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test]
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:53:49 GMT
Hi,

On 02.03.2012 11:22, Joost Andrae wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after downloading the multi language OOo-Dev 3.4.0_m1 build (r1293550) for
> Windows from
> http://people.apache.org/~orw/DevSnapshots-Rev.1293550/win32/OOo-Dev_OOO340m1_Win_x86_install_en-US_de_fr_it_es_ja_pt-BR_zh-CN_nl.exe
> Norton Internet Security found WS.Reputation.1 and removed the installation set
> from my system.

Greg Roberts also reported such an issue.

My system used to create the Windows developer snapshots has Symantec Endpoint
Protection running in an excepted mode for such protection system.
No virus are detected on my system.

I have additionally checked the created installation sets with newly installed
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. Result: no virus.

It looks like that Norton Internet Security found a "false positive" here.

May be more people can check with their protection systems the provided
installation sets.

Best regards, Oliver.