incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: Heads Up POOTLE data are on the way
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 09:18:13 GMT
On 02.03.2012 09:47, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Am 02.03.12 09:21, schrieb Andre Fischer:
>> On 02.03.2012 02:19, Raphael Bircher wrote:
>>> Hi at all
>>>
>>> I just import the date... takes same time but it works now.
>>
>> That is great news. Could you describe in a few words how you did
>> that, either here on the list or in the wiki ([1])? I would like to
>> understand how it works.
> I will documenting this later, but it's verry easy.

Sounds good.

> One Problem I have with the helpcontent2. I don't know if I can add this
> without problem to the OOo Project without crashing the ui content. I
> will try this on the VM now. Workaround would be to create a additional
> project ooo_help (or samething like that).
>
> If we put it under OOo (if possible) then we will have Help content and
> UI all in one project, I don't know if that is a good idea. Please give
> feedback about it.

As far as I understand it help content always was a separate project on
the pootle server.  Not necessarily for technical reasons but more for
the moral of the translators.  Help contains so many more strings than
UI that even if you finished translating UI, pottle would tell you that
only a small fraction of the whole set of strings (help + UI) where
finished.

I would vote for separating help from UI.

-Andre