incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: New home for OpenOffice instead of Apache?
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 02:19:39 GMT
On 2012/03/02 02:31, Rob Weir said:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Super User <superuserlaptop@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If everything I am hearing about what is happening to OO is wrong, I would
>> like to hear this, too.
> Maybe start by telling us what you are hearing?  i hope we can put you at ease.

    Do you mean "copying user data, profile, etc (the
$HOME/.openoffice.org/3 or $HOME/.libreoffice/3 directory) onto the new
location?  If that is what you mean, actually Apache OpenOffice 3.4 will
still use the $HOME/.openoffice.org/3 directory.

    Maybe we can add a function so that when AOO first starts, it may
ask to copy user profile from $HOME/.libreoffice/3, just like Mozilla
Firefox?  That sounds like a great idea, though I do not think this
should be included in AOO 3.4, as OOo 3.4 is still using the same
profile directory as OOo 3.3, and we have a release schedule.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>