incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [CODE]: changed about box
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:32:50 GMT
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 04:10:43PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> On 2/29/12 3:32 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i have changed the about dialog box a little bit and would like to get
>>> your feedback.
>>>
>>> I added a new key in the version.ini/versionrc
>>>
>>> Revision=<svn_revison_number>
>>>
>>> But after some experimenting I don't use this key right now but left it
>>> in the version file for further references to the underlying revision.
>>>
>>> I changed the value of buildid in the version file to
>>>
>>> e.g. versionrc
>>> ###
>>> buildid=340dev1 (Revision:1294675)
>>> # instead of
>>> buildid=340dev1(Build:9586)
>>> ###
>>>

>> I learned from Oliver that the space is not good. The "buildid" from
>> the version file is used to generate the<meta-generator>  entry in
>> the ODF docs.
>>
>> Example:
>> OpenOffice.org_project/340dev1$Rev-1294675</meta:generator
>>
>> That means the space have to be removed and probably more work is
>> necessary.
>>
>> Maybe I should switch back to my experiment with the "Revision" key
>> and adapt the code for the about box.
>>
>> I will keep you informed ...
>
> In my tries I've found that the easiest way to change this is in sub
> replace_setup_variables solenv/bin/modules/installer/scriptitems.pm#789
>
> See
>
> my $buildidstring = $localbuild . $localminor . "(Build:". $installer::globals::buildid
. ")";

> This is where the buildid in versionrc|.ini is generated.
> You can try to get the revision from svn, if not possible, then from
> git, if not possible, default to the above code.

yep, I have played with this code and added the part for the revision
number to become part of the version file.

> (I have some working code, but didn't have time to test it other than in
> git).

just checked in some code a few minutes ago.

As a result of some further investigation I thought it might be a good
idea to keep the buildid for now and increase it for every public build.
Means dev snapshots, RC, release.

I added the revision number in the About box independent of the used
--with-build-version switch because I think it can be a useful info.

And I also reduced the font size for the build info to make the
productname + version more dominant here.

As I mentioned earlier more changes for the next release.

And no I wasn't able to figure out how to make the build info copyable :-(

Juergen