incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <rbircher_...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: Test result: LIbreOffice crashes, AOO doesn't, on OOXML file
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:24:59 GMT
Am 01.03.12 15:38, schrieb J├╝rgen Schmidt:
> On 3/1/12 3:32 PM, Raphael Bircher wrote:
>> Am 01.03.12 15:28, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:

>>> As far as I know the dictionaries are installed locally, not
>>> included with the file. Check the language selected for the
>>> document, which should be shown on the Status Bar at window
>>> bottom. If this does not fit your default language, you shuold be
>>> able to Select All, then /Tools /Language: For all text (or for
>>> selection - On some versions of OOo For all text didn't work
>>> reliably, but For selection did) and change to your default
>>> language, which might help the spell check.
>> And at AOO you have to install a dic extension first. Because the
>> license we can not ship it with AOO. Dic's are maintained outside the
>> Project.
>>
> As you can see users would be confused and we are working on bundling
> dictionaries (downloaded from the extension repo) with the binary
> releases. I don't have the jira issue in place but I think that this
> way of bundling the pre-built binary extensions is allowed.
The problem is not realy that there is no dic. The problem is that the
spellchecker works without dic. It would be not so confusing if you see
no red lines ;-) It would be good if the spellchecker put a message "no
dicionary installed" an the screen instead of working without dic. But
this is more a low priority issue.

> But we still need feedback about the dictionaries people would like to
> bundle for their language. See
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Bundled+Writing+Aids
As I know, German dictionaries are maintained by Karl Zeiler