incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: Test result: LIbreOffice crashes, AOO doesn't, on OOXML file
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 14:38:27 GMT
On 3/1/12 3:32 PM, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Am 01.03.12 15:28, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:16:33 +0000
>> Ross Gardler<> wrote:
>>> I'm assuming no dictionary is included since every word I have
>>> is reported as being spelt wrong.
>> As far as I know the dictionaries are installed locally, not
>> included with the file. Check the language selected for the
>> document, which should be shown on the Status Bar at window
>> bottom. If this does not fit your default language, you shuold be
>> able to Select All, then /Tools /Language: For all text (or for
>> selection - On some versions of OOo For all text didn't work
>> reliably, but For selection did) and change to your default
>> language, which might help the spell check.
> And at AOO you have to install a dic extension first. Because the
> license we can not ship it with AOO. Dic's are maintained outside the
> Project.
As you can see users would be confused and we are working on bundling
dictionaries (downloaded from the extension repo) with the binary
releases. I don't have the jira issue in place but I think that this way
of bundling the pre-built binary extensions is allowed.

But we still need feedback about the dictionaries people would like to
bundle for their language. See

Reminder, if we don't get the feedback we only focus on some obvious
dictionaries and let it up to the users to install them

View raw message