incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Test result: LIbreOffice crashes, AOO doesn't, on OOXML file
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 14:38:27 GMT
On 3/1/12 3:32 PM, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Am 01.03.12 15:28, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:16:33 +0000
>> Ross Gardler<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm assuming no dictionary is included since every word I have
>>> is reported as being spelt wrong.
>> As far as I know the dictionaries are installed locally, not
>> included with the file. Check the language selected for the
>> document, which should be shown on the Status Bar at window
>> bottom. If this does not fit your default language, you shuold be
>> able to Select All, then /Tools /Language: For all text (or for
>> selection - On some versions of OOo For all text didn't work
>> reliably, but For selection did) and change to your default
>> language, which might help the spell check.
> And at AOO you have to install a dic extension first. Because the
> license we can not ship it with AOO. Dic's are maintained outside the
> Project.

As you can see users would be confused and we are working on bundling
dictionaries (downloaded from the extension repo) with the binary
releases. I don't have the jira issue in place but I think that this way
of bundling the pre-built binary extensions is allowed.

But we still need feedback about the dictionaries people would like to
bundle for their language. See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Bundled+Writing+Aids

Reminder, if we don't get the feedback we only focus on some obvious
dictionaries and let it up to the users to install them

Juergen