incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: How can we get OpenOffice started with Pootle?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 13:35:57 GMT
On 01.03.2012 14:25, imacat wrote:
> On 2012/03/01 18:57, Andre Fischer said:
>> On 29.02.2012 19:50, imacat wrote:
>>> On 2012/02/29 18:23, J├╝rgen Schmidt said:
>> 1) Developers (I for example) could start with converting PO to SDF
>> without (necessarily) the pootle server.
>
>      I don't get it.  Could you please clarify on this?  Did you mean
> that we download the PO, run po2oo offline and commit?

Yes, something like that.  Usually the PO files live on the pootle
server and are transformed during the download to AOO.  As we do not
have an active pootle server we can either

a) setup the pootle server, then upload the PO files and finally
download the SDF files, or

b) store the PO files somewhere (where they do not get lost) and convert
them directly into SDF.  This, of course, would be only a temporary
solution.