incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 08:46:15 GMT
Hi,

On 01.03.2012 03:00, NoOp wrote:
> On 02/29/2012 06:18 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> As we approach the first Release Candidate for Apache OpenOffice 3.4,
>> it would be wonderful if we could have some more volunteers testing
>> the latest dev snapshots builds. Following is some information on what
>> this requires, and how you can help.
>>
>> First, if you have never tested a pre-release product before, know
>> that bugs are expected. That is the purpose of testing, to find bugs
>> so they can be fixed. Bugs could range from UI glitches, to incorrect
>> formatting to crashes or even data corruption.  So you probably don't
>> want to use a test build for mission-critical tasks. Of course, I
>> assume you have already backed up your important documents.  You do
>> have backups, right?  Ideally you can do your testing on a separate
>> machine from your main work machine, so if something goes wrong you
>> will not interfere with your other work.
>>
>> The above are all sensible precautions when testing any pre-release
>> software product.
>>
>> If you are ready to test, you can download the latest developer
>> snapshot build from this page:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
> Repeat of the question that I asked on the users list:

> Which version are you looking for feedback/testing on?
>
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/r1293550/linux_x86/OOo-Dev_OOO340m1_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz
> or
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/r1293550/linux_x86/OOo_3.4.0_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz

In general we had only provided developer snapshot builds - <OOo-Dev_...>

This week we additionally provided a standard build (en-US only) -
<OOo_3.4.0_...> - in order to allow to test system integration and upgrade - see
thread "[BUILD]: propose next developer snapshot based on revision 1293738" on
this mailing list.

Best regards, Oliver.