incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Which name should used, "OpenOffice.org" or "Apache OpenOffice"?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 08:39:11 GMT
On 3/1/12 7:36 AM, Zhe Liu wrote:
> Got it.
> You mean that %PRODUCTNAME% should be "Apache OpenOffice" for the
> release build.  Whatever is OK for dev snapshots.
> Thanks.

At the moment we plan to move forward with OpenOffice.org as replacement
for %PRODUCTNAME% because there are many many dependencies all over the
code and it is not used in the UI only.

A complete name switch including all UI occurrences of the name and
directory names etc. is planned for the next version.

Apache OpenOffice is OpenOffice.org and it would have been better to
keep the product name completely for a 3.4. But any way we voted for
Apache OpenOffice and we changed some visible elements like the intro
screen, logos/images used in the setup etc.

Juergen