incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How cleanup the french web page ?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:21:39 GMT
Hi Eric,

On Mar 20, 2012, at 2:56 PM, eric b wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Everything is in the title : the old page (http://www.openoffice.org/fr/) contains a
lot of obsolete and / or wrong information.

You can manage using the bookmarklet and you are a committer and empowered.

See http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html

Local development is also possible, but I am running into some issues with some recent upgrades
so some of the markdown isn't working.

If you want to have french language versions of the top navigation bar and other elements
simply create a translation of ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/topnav.mdtext and brand.mdtext and
put those into content/fr/.

Then you would create a directory called ooo/ooo-site/trunk/templates/fr/ and copy ssi.mdtext
from trunk/templates/ to this new sub folder. Edit template/fr/ssi.mdtext to adjust the paths
to topnav and brand to /fr/brand.html and /fr/topnav.html

> I'm volunteer to cleanup (Vincent and Guy are too), but I need some pointers. What is
the process ?

As you see it is svn commits where all AOO committers are empowered!

> File another issue at JIRA ?

Only if things are broken, and then ask me first.

Best Regards,
Dave