incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Torokhov Sergey <torokhov_...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: openoffice.fm
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:56:30 GMT
<marcsanders23@gmail.com>wrote:
> > Rob Weir <robweir <at> apache.org> writes
> >
> > > The MO is typically to install adware, not viruses.  Virus writing is
> > > not a business model.  Some anti-virus apps report adware, some don't.
> > >
> > >  But if you don't see anything, that might be a good sign.  After all,
> > >
> > > adware that you can't see is not a business model either.
> > >
> > > When I get a chance I'll try installing on a virtual
> > > machine and see what I get.
> > >
> > > -Rob
> >
> > Installing on a virtual machine--great idea.  Let
> > me know what you get.
>
> Tried on an XP SP3 VM.  DIfferent results that you had, and different what
> I saw on the website last week.  Now it appears to offer the full 150MB 3.3
> download, as signed by Oracle.  Evidently some cat & mouse going on.
>
> In any case, the safest way to download is always via
> http://download.openoffice.org.
>
> -Rob
>
> > Thanks!
> > -Marc

It seems they change their site. It's now look different from that was befobe
to my mind and now download links lead to
http://download.services.openoffice.org
(does it still official download link ?)
while curently on official site http://openoffice.mirrorbrain.org download link is
represented for me.

Maybe they saw this discussion? It look suspiciously :\
If they curenly supply the Official builds and wiil not change download links
to any different from official mirror when it looks like some  advertising
resource.

But the page:
http://www.downloadadmin.com/consumers/general-uninstallation-instructions
confuse me. What Advertiser’s Software is question?
So it is realy safest to use officeial site to dowbload, as Rob said, at least
while the owners of that resouce contact with AOO developers.

There is no any contact information on their page but only the form for
question is there.