incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: update service - proposal for temporary solution until AOO 3.4 is released.
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 00:31:20 GMT

Hi Kay,

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 03:42:22PM -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:

> Well interesting...I did some editing of versionrc and now I get that an
> update does not exist  after pulling off the pkgfmt=rpm requirement.
> However, we can not expect users of existing product to go messing with
> their existing setups (i.e. editing files). I don't mind the odd message I
> was getting before about an "rpm" package not being found.
>
> I'm just wondering if there's some way to configure the snippet you sent to
> just do something a bit more friendly for all possible situations that are
> currently out there now.
>
> Thoughts? Any experts on how to create a generic null feed?

I tried with my original empty xml file (not a feed) and it works as
expected with every combination:

UpdateURL=http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
UpdateURL=http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm
UpdateURL=http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=deb
UpdateURL=http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=dmg

I can't see why it does not work for you.
Please try pointing the UpdateURL to this file
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile