incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Torokhov Sergey <torokhov_...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: Release Notes doesn't mention about new feature of AOO Impress for Linux (video playing via gst-plugins)
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:02:38 GMT
On Sunday 18 of March 2012 01:16:25 imacat wrote:
>     Hmm... Can you verify that Gstreamer support still work?  It does
> not work for me, with the latest snapshot.
>
>     Maybe Gstreamer support was removed during the license upgrade?
> Could someone verify this?
>
>     If that is true, could the bugzilla maintainer reopen bug#68717?

It works for me in binary "AOO340m1(Build:9588) - Rev. 1299571
2012-03-12 09.59.35 (Mon, 12 Mar 2012)"

May be it's need to install additional gst-plugins?
What is console output of ./simpress after you press "play" button at bottom
panel (this pannel is visible when inserted video is selected).
Are you hear any sounds?

I have the next gst-plugins installed in my gentoo linux system (but I need to
install additionaly "ffmpeg lame theora wavpack" to play .avi in inspite of
installed gst-plugins-xvid and gst-plugins-x264 previously as many others):

media-libs/gst-plugins-bad
media-libs/gst-plugins-base
media-libs/gst-plugins-good
media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly
media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec
media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa
media-plugins/gst-plugins-dts
media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread

media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad

media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg

media-plugins/gst-plugins-flac

media-plugins/gst-plugins-gconf

media-plugins/gst-plugins-gio

media-plugins/gst-plugins-lame

media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad

media-plugins/gst-plugins-meta
media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec
media-plugins/gst-plugins-ofa
media-plugins/gst-plugins-ogg
media-plugins/gst-plugins-oss
media-plugins/gst-plugins-resindvd
media-plugins/gst-plugins-soup
media-plugins/gst-plugins-taglib
media-plugins/gst-plugins-theora
media-plugins/gst-plugins-v4l2
media-plugins/gst-plugins-vorbis
media-plugins/gst-plugins-wavpack
media-plugins/gst-plugins-x
media-plugins/gst-plugins-x264
media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvid
media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo

I just run ./simpress , create new presentation, go to menu "Insert" - "Movie
and Sound", choose *.avi file (and even *.mp3, *.mp4 or even *.flv from youtube
such as "Sintel" movie - by choosing to show all files) and press "play" button
at bottom panel of Impress that appeared then  just inserted video is
selected,
or just press F5 key (menu "View" - "Start Slideshow") to see presentation.

After pressing "play" of F5 video start to playback.