incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Torokhov Sergey <torokhov_...@mail.ru>
Subject Release Notes doesn't mention about new feature of AOO Impress for Linux (video playing via gst-plugins)
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:37:26 GMT
Hi to all!

I looked over the "AOO 3.4 Release Notes"
(https://cwiki.apache.org/OOOUSERS/aoo-34-release-notes.html)
and don't found any mention about implementation of one very remarcable
feature OpenOffice Impress in Linux systems.

Early videoplaying in presentation was available only though
1. Java Media Frameworks (JMF) - but it had very poor number of supported
formats.
2. or via external shell scripts
(http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Using_Movies_in_Impress_on_Linux_Without_Java)
which run external video player with specified options.

In the Oracle OpenOffice 3.4 beta (and I check that it works with current
Apache OpenOffice 3.4 build) it is now avalable to play video in Impress
presentation via using appropriate gst-plugins.

Please, add information about this new feature to "Release Notes"
("New Features from OpenOffice 3.4 beta" section).

It will be a good news for many users as it is not supported in OpenOffice 3.3.0
and in more early versions.

---
Regards