incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michael...@canonical.com>
Subject Re: AOO for Debian
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 01:14:05 GMT
Hi all,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 08:58:31AM +0100, eric b wrote:
> FYI, Ubuntu Mageia, Mandriva blocked us too : while issues asking
> for integration exist, nobody will never do anything serious, and
> every time we'll fit a condition, another will be invented to block
> again ...

That is quite an outragious misrepresentation of facts. Nothing is blocking you
from packing OOo4Kids in an Ubuntu ppa. I would like to see a link proving
these claims. That being said AFAIK nobody even bothered to try this. The same
goes for Apache OpenOffice -- feel free to make a ppa release for it. You would
be well advised not to disturb LibreOffice (or any other package from the
main/universe repositories) in doing so. Not because it is strictly a
requirement in a PPA (which sometimes contain experimental/flaky stuff), but
because even the most adventurous users will not forgive you lightly when you
mess with applications from the default install.

Best,

Bjoern

(*) as long as you stick to the https://help.launchpad.net/PPATermsofUse