incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clarifying facts
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:38:47 GMT
Hi *,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:15:29PM +0100, eric b wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could we remove the LibreOffice link from the main page ? (e.g. just
> put the name of the derivated software) ?
>
> (
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Current+Status+FAQ
> )
>
> Such link should not appear on the first line : I remember NeoOffice
> who derivated the Mac version this exact way ...

all the 6th point "Where can I get updates to the copy of OpenOffice.org
that I am running?" sounds like FUD.
"... there will be no patches to those earlier binary programs released"
... well, there were *never* patches for previous OpenOffice.org
binary versions, OpenOffice.org only released full versions that worked
as an update to the installed version.

Although many people seem to misunderstand the fact, Apache OpenOffice
has the right and the power to present itself to the user as *the*
update to the installed version, via the update mechanism. So, yes,
there will be an update to the copy of OpenOffice.org you are running, it
will be Apache OpenOffice :)

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile