incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: propose next developer snapshot based on revision 1299571
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:09:36 GMT
Hi Kay, Andrew, *

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 03:28:11PM -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:
> >> Could someone at some point enlighten us as to WHY the latest revisions
> >> aren't automatically scooped up by the buildbot?
> >>
> > The build bots pull the latest code every night.
> >
> >  Or amybe a wiki page on
> >> this??? I also notice that the Linux-32 build via buildbot still has
> >> issues, and wonder, why, if changes have been successfully made to this
> >> build AND supposedly it's being built by Ubuntu (same as the developer
> >> builds), it still has issues.
> >>
> > The Linux-32 build bot is on Ubuntu 11.10 (as opposed to 10.04).  There

building on a such a newer Ubuntu version also brings the question about
how universal would its built packages be. By "universal" I mean if they
could be installed on different Linux distros.

For example, I use/work on Fedora 16, but had to set two Ubuntu 10.04.3
LTS (32 and 64 bits) partitions to build the Developer Snapshots: Fedora
comes with the latest and greatest standard libraries, this makes
impossible to install the packages built on Fedora 16 even on the latest
Ubuntu version due to a conflict with the system's standard libraries.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina