incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Is any one here familiar with OpenOffice?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:15:19 GMT
On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:57:00 -0400
Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Simon Phipps
> <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 12 Mar 2012, at 15:38, Rob Weir wrote:
> >
> >> I'll decline your attempt to divert the conversation.
> >
> > It's far from it Rob. It's a polite and serious question.
> > No-one I know doubts the experience of the former
> > OpenOffice.org developers who joined this project, so I am
> > rather surprised to see you asserting otherwise. Hence I'm
> > respectfully asking where your assertion that:
> >

> And that was my polite and serious response, Simon.  I'm sorry
> if you saw it otherwise.

There have been a number of (ill-informed) posts to that effect
on the User Forum, which I'm too busy to look up.

I think Rob's overall point is good, that we need to emphasise the
continuing OpenOffice.org experience and community available on
the Apache project, without disrespect to the LibreOffice/TDF
communities. We should mend fences; if that is not immediately
possible, we shouldn't be erecting other barriers.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>