incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CODE]: changed about box
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:24:09 GMT
Hi Jürgen,

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 04:10:43PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 2/29/12 3:32 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >i have changed the about dialog box a little bit and would like to get
> >your feedback.
> >
> >I added a new key in the version.ini/versionrc
> >
> >Revision=<svn_revison_number>
> >
> >But after some experimenting I don't use this key right now but left it
> >in the version file for further references to the underlying revision.
> >
> >I changed the value of buildid in the version file to
> >
> >e.g. versionrc
> >###
> >buildid=340dev1 (Revision:1294675)
> ># instead of
> >buildid=340dev1(Build:9586)
> >###
> >

> I learned from Oliver that the space is not good. The "buildid" from
> the version file is used to generate the <meta-generator> entry in
> the ODF docs.
>
> Example:
> OpenOffice.org_project/340dev1$Rev-1294675</meta:generator
>
> That means the space have to be removed and probably more work is
> necessary.
>
> Maybe I should switch back to my experiment with the "Revision" key
> and adapt the code for the about box.
>
> I will keep you informed ...

In my tries I've found that the easiest way to change this is in sub
replace_setup_variables solenv/bin/modules/installer/scriptitems.pm#789

See

my $buildidstring = $localbuild . $localminor . "(Build:". $installer::globals::buildid .
")";

This is where the buildid in versionrc|.ini is generated.
You can try to get the revision from svn, if not possible, then from
git, if not possible, default to the above code.

(I have some working code, but didn't have time to test it other than in
git).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile