incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew jensen <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO Web Logos?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:50:32 GMT
On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 09:19 -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 03/30/2012 06:20 AM, drew jensen wrote:

> >> The incubation requirement is that we have "(incubating)" on the *page*
> >> along with the podling disclaimer.  We're not required to have
> >> "(incubating)" in the logo.  In fact, some of us have recommended that we
> >> do not put "(incubating)" in the logo.  If we can have a "clean" logo
> >> without that, then we can use the same logo after we graduate.
> >
> > well, all the artwork I've submitted and I've said this before, is setup
> > up with layers - just open it, hide or remove the layer named
> > 'incubating' and it's gone.

> Well I would be happy to do an actual PROPOSAL with Lazy Consensus from
> among the following 3 logos on:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals
>
> * the first logo under the heading
> 1.1 Proposed banner logo for the main web site
>
> * or either of the orb-centric proposals
> 2.1 Orb Centric Proposal Logo #1,
> 2.2 Orb Centric Proposal Logo #2

Howdy Kay, et al

I really think the idea of a community, less restrictive, image makes
sense. Looking at what is there then I'd vote for

1.1 to base the official on, and use that specific image for the
website. While still in incubating status we can just keep the ASF
Incubating graphic in the upper right hand corner, after graduation just
drop it.

2.1 to base the community logo on and the specific image as the first
entry on a wiki page and htmel snippet, ready for media and supporter
use.

So for the moment then it is a proposal to use the feather for
in-project, or with permission, work and no feather for the less formal
usage - does that sound right?

>From the 1.1 base then we would need a set of images for use over the
next number of months, such a set was in .bz2 file attached to to my
first proposal on the wiki. It looks like I should create the same set
again based on 1.1 - will get to it and add a new archive file to the
wiki.

@Kevin, Graham, everyone :) - would welcome any thoughts on what basic
set of images are needed.

Thanks