incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: AOO Web Logos?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:15:16 GMT
On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 15:52 -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> well, all the artwork I've submitted and I've said this before, is setup
> >> up with layers - just open it, hide or remove the layer named
> >> 'incubating' and it's gone.

> > Well I would be happy to do an actual PROPOSAL with Lazy Consensus from
> > among the following 3 logos on:
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**Logo+Proposals<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals>
> >
> > * the first logo under the heading
> > 1.1 Proposed banner logo for the main web site
> >
> > * or either of the orb-centric proposals
> > 2.1 Orb Centric Proposal Logo #1,
> > 2.2 Orb Centric Proposal Logo #2
> >

> > Rob, given your explanation, I'm assuming we would keep the "(incubating)"
> > wording next to the logo as we have now.
> >
> > Re your other comments...the "Coming soon" logo does sound like a
> > nice/worthwhile idea. Something we can work on soonish...
> >

>  Hi all  --
>
> I just noticed  on:
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#graphics
>
> that use of the "Apache feather" requires the  "TM" symbol so...maybe Drew
> or someone graphically inclined could do this to that first logo on

Hi Kay,

I'd think the intent of the line:
"For the project's official logo (if it has one, and especially if it
uses the ASF feather), ensure that it includes a small "TM" symbol in
the graphic or immediately adjacent to it."

is not requiring the tm be adjacent to the feather glyph but the
official project designator, which I think, looking at the page again
just now, all of the images do. They certainly all include use of the tm
marking within the full image.

But I'll do what it takes to follow the groups thought on this.

//drew