incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew jensen <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO Web Logos?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:31:50 GMT
On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 14:45 +0800, Kevin Grignon wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> What are the goals for the logo redesign?
> What are the specific enhancements required for 3.4 release? Is this just a web logo
update or broader?

Howdy Kevin,

I think for the moment it was a 'speed over reflection' exercise and yes
going forward it needs to have more reflection on purpose and goals.

For 3.4, there was new artwork submitted for splash screens, about box
and such.

> Perhaps we should consider organizing ourselves around a more structured redesign/rebrand
in support of 4.0.

Which though requires that the group understand what they are doing here
and I don;t think it does yet.

> It would be a great time to refresh the branding. However, their are many dependencies,
so we would need a full inventory of in app graphics so we could scope the effort.

The simple answer to the question of the 4.0 release and actually
planning the work, as a whole...yes ;)

Best wishes,

//drew