incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: logo usage
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 05:22:15 GMT
On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 12:45 +0800, Kevin Grignon wrote:
> This fella offers training and support for a variety of tools including OO.  He is requesting
to use our logo on his site.

> Mentor, what is the protocol for such requests?

Hi Mickael, Kevin

I would suggest first that you look over the trademark policies starting
here perhaps:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/

>From the sounds of it I'd say this particular use case would fall in the
same category as using a logo on a book cover. Though that is only my
opinion.

At this moment the Apache OpenOffice project does not have separate
official and community logos. The idea has been discussed, but not quite
finalized.

It would also be best to direct future inquiry to the ooo-dev mailing
list and not the user mailing list. (forwarding this message and
including the OP address in cc to same)

@Mickael - wanted to let you know that this list and the ooo-dev are
predominantly English language, there are French specific lists on the
way, I don't believe that has happened just yet however.

Otherwise, it's very good that you are interested in offering AOO
training, there have been other requests to use the AOO logo and all
have worked out rather easily - I'm sure this will be no different.

Best wishes,

//drew

> On Mar 29, 2012, at 5:37 AM, "mickael.polet@sfr.fr" <mickael.polet@sfr.fr> wrote:
>

> > Bonjour, je souhaite créer une auto-entreprise de depannage informatique et de
 formation de l'outil informatique pour particupiers. Pour cette auto-entreprise je souhaite
créer un logo dans lequel figureront plusieurs logos de logiciels, bureautique, internet
.... Pour dire aux personnes à qui ce logo s'adressera que je pourrai les former à ces logiciels.
M'autorisez vous à utiliser les logos d'OPEN OFFICE ce qui me permeterai d'éviter d'avoir
un logo explicite tout en  vous faisant un peu de publicité d'autant que j'apprécie énormément
vos produits. Merci d'avance de l'attention que vous porterez à ma requête.