incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew jensen <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distribution of Windows versions
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:34:50 GMT
On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 13:25 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Fernand Vanrie <sos@pmgroup.be> wrote:
>
> >  Rob ,
> >
> > Interesting, do you have also figures about the differences in OS :
> >  Windows versus Linux or Mac etc..
> >

> There were some numbers posted on that a few weeks ago.  These charts show
> the MirrorBrain downloads of OpenOffice, from February:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/marketing_bouncer.html
>
> So, 90% Windows,  6% Mac, 3% Linux.
>
> But note this is not necessarily the same distribution as the overall user
> base.  Some ports, like BSD and OS/2 are distributed on other web sites, so
> they are not counted here.  And some derivatives of OOo are included in the
> Linux distros directly, so are not reflected in these numbers.

Please, and asking only for myself, if you know of a linux distro using
a derivative of Apache OpenOffice do name it - if you mean LibreOffice,
please stop calling it a derivative - it is not a valid reflection of
the facts, if you are referring to the former package OpenOffice.org
then please refer to it by its legal name.