incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nancy K <>
Subject Re: bitly analytics
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:31:33 GMT
Hi Drew,
Thank you for taking the time to explain that - it makes sense now that the analytics are
only for the bitly shortened link.  I was using some of the Help pages and the download page
Take care,

     Nancy      Web Design
Free 24 hour pass to
Video courses on SEO, CMS,
Design and Software Courses

 From: drew jensen <>
To: Nancy K <>
Cc: "" <>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: bitly analytics
On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 11:55 -0700, Nancy K wrote:
> I don't know how they do it,and it seems that on incubator, download and inside pages
the analytics are not up to speed.  You do not need to sign up/in just:
>     * go to
>     * Type in any URL ( selectSHORTEN
>     * bitly gives a shortened URL ( )
>     * Add a + to the end of the shortened URL ( )and you can
see the analytics for that page (select TOTAL in the drop down list below the qrcode)
> The download page causes an error - and here is the bitly API Documentation
> It seems that this analytics is not that accurate, but I thought it was interesting to
peak at.

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for sharing that tip.

As to the numbers, I wouldn't say they are inaccurate, only that you
need to approach it for what it really is.

These are numbers reflecting click-through for the unique shortened URL,
not for the destination URL. You should be aware that changes in the
destination URL or course offer different shortened URL.

So for click-through on the bitly shortened URL for

Best wishes,