incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew jensen <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open Office - Base
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:25:36 GMT
On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 11:35 -0700, Sharon Peak wrote:
> Can I download just the database and draw portions of OpenOffice?  They are
> all I need.

Hi Shoran,

That is not possible, the suite is designed to work as a total package.
It is possible to exclude some of the packages during install, however
in the case of Base Writer is mandatory for it to function, if you are
also planning on using the Report Builder extension then Calc is also
mandatory (though not stated as such in any docs, just my anecdotal
experience).

Bottom line though, you have to download it all anyways, excluding just
a package only removes a very small amount of space on your disk as the
vast majority of functionality is included in shared files...so it's not
something I recommend for people to do.

Best wishes,

//drew