incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Reaching out to existing mirror operators
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:13:43 GMT
Infra has started a discussion with our mirror
operators about the technical impact of carrying
the 3.4 release on Apache mirrors.  The early
feedback is better than expected tbh, but there
will still be a certain percentage of Apache mirror
operators who will either need an opt-out or to drop
their mirror.

We'd appreciate it in any case for this PPMC to
reach out to existing ooo mirror operators and
ask them to sign up for Apache mirroring if they
haven't already done so.  That would help us fill
in any mirror lossage we have as a result of
carrying AOO releases.

Please direct them to

http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html

with the amended information that we'd like to
require mirror operators to provide 80-100GB of
disk and perhaps a 50-100Mbps link.  In any case
the download traffic for non-AOO releases is
negligible and your mirror operators already
should have their own data about bandwidth
requirements.

TIA