incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IP clearance issues ( was Re: AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report As of 2012.03.19(2012.03.13 - 2012.03.19))
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 07:40:24 GMT
Hello;

--- Lun 19/3/12, Shenfeng Liu <liushenf@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> Data: Lunedì 19 marzo 2012, 01:29
> Pedro,
>   You can see from the test plan
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release-QA-Plan
> , that
> the IP clearance testing that Lily performed is functional
> verification
> test for those areas impacted by the IP clearance work. I
> think the code
> scan work should be done by developer, but not Lily as a
> tester.
>   While I'm also curious to know if any tool can be
> used to help us to do
> the IP scan...
>
> - Simon

I see .. That testing is very important, thanks.

I guess I am rather worried that our first reviewer actually
thought he could trust us on the IP review. I suspect I have
also been the only looking at the NOTICE and LICENSE files.
This things are non-technical and anyone with patience and/or
some skills with grep can help a lot!

Cheers,

Pedro.