incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Clarifying facts
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 04:24:30 GMT
I'm not the first person to have noticed that you can leave
no stone unturned in your quest for being in the right, no
matter whose feelings happen to get in the way.

And yes removing someone's contributions to a foundation resource
in the manner you have done is a form of bullying.  There is a
world of difference between email banter most of which aren't
contributions in any way and signing up to a wiki and using
it properly in the way Simon had done.  Your claims that his
work was always intended to become an official site document
are a load of crap.  He started off by asking those questions
about his own perspective and as Pedro challenged him to

work it out on the wiki- other participants made modest
adjustments to the document in a collaborative spirit.  You
made no such effort to work with Simon on the document he created.

You couldhave discussed Simon's work over email, and took
the approach that he needed to be "mentored" a bit in terms
of his writing style and answers, but you opted to just be
aggressive again and completely edit his words out of the
document.  That is not the Apache way- better to provide
*alternative* wording in places you disagreed with the prose
and let some time pass so people, including Simon, could
factor those alternatives into the ongoing collaboration.

Options and preferences are always easier to digest over
time than when applied with blunt force.