incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Competition (was: Clarifying facts)
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 01:24:35 GMT

--- Mar 13/3/12, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> ha scritto:

> >If you are volunteering to mentor such a project just go
> ahead.
>

> Outside the scope of my interest level, but if you think the
> subversion devs "punted" on svnrdump you really haven't
> understood their mindset nor the scope of the actual tool
> that was developed.

Absolutely not .. I mean if someone finds it interesting
and fun (and evidently at least a mentor and a student
did), why not?

I added support for creation timestamps to libarchive
and to FreeBSD's implementation of the ext2/3 fs. No one
paid me to do it and no one that I know uses them but
it was sort of fun and I learned new things.

still I don't see why I should consider pointing people
that want to update OOo to LO. I do think now that we
should point more people to Lotus Symphony ... after
all it will be very similar to AOO 4.0 and it's
available now. But first we will get out this
release.

Pedro.