incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Competition (was: Clarifying facts)
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:00:34 GMT
----- Original Message -----

Well the thing is, right now the situation is that you haven't released.
What you tell people to do between now and then will change as the facts
change, but informing users about alternatives is actually a way to gain
their respect, and playing silly games to hide those alternatives under
the guise that the truth needs to be colored somehow does a disservice
to your users, and to the reputation of this project as a providing a
public vendor-neutral resource.

> Sure I love the idea of having a great family playing under the same
> umbrella but realistically that is not happening and if people want
> to work with us the best place to do it is here.

Well you still have some harder collective choices to make regarding
interoperability once you start gearing up for a 4.0 release that
may provide an upgrade path for 3.4 users but will diverge from
the plans of the LibreOffice team.  Having an open communication
channel will benefit both communities as well as the entire user
base of both products, don't you think?