incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Supported multi-media file types in Impress
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 05:51:34 GMT
On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 20:21 -0500, drew wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 19:29 -0500, drew jensen wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Quick question regarding the coming 3.4 version.
> >
> > Running on Windows, and assuming no added extensions or other files
> > beyond the AOO 3.4 distribution, are there any video formats beyond .WMV
> > that should be available for use in Impress?
> >
> > I've confirmed that .wmv is working.
>
> Just to clarify - I rather thought .avi would run inside Impress, but so
> far have not been able to verify that, those .avi files I've tried that
> do run in a MS Media player do not run inside Impress. Have also tried a
> number of other formats, none of which have worked so far.
>
> So - just wondering; is there is a (minimum) list of supported media
> types..and apologies if I've just over looked finding it.

and one more update to this.

(MS Vista 32bit) - alright fully cleaned out all installations of all
the sorted versions I had on this machine
- installed OO.o 3.3, verified that .wmv and .avi where being supported.
- installed the latest (1296433) AOO 3.4 full install set - .wmv
and .avi files are both working now from within Impress.. will check a
few others also..