incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC 2012 is coming
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 22:39:38 GMT
Hi;

--- Mar 6/3/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:

> Also, if anyone has a good idea but doesn't have time to
> mentor, please post your ideas.  There might be someone
> else who has time to mentor but could use some ideas.

Here are some ideas:

Clang port.

This is desirable to help keep the code very portable and
clean and is also a good opportunity for someone wanting
to polish his/her C++ skills, but beyond this it is
critical to maintain the MacOS X port working with the
latest tools. Ideally we should commit the gnumake4 CWS
before this since it solves a issue defining the C
compiler.

Adding support for CardDav addressbooks.

Shipping Seamonkey is rather inconvenient for us in AOO,
it's also a huge package to carry and build only
to support external addressbooks. Supporting WebDav,
perhaps with the help of the Mulberry vCard Library,
would enable us to support standard addressbooks.
Familiarity with Webdav is required for this project.
More information is here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP_Clearance_Address+Book

Report builder as an external extension.

This may also be applicable for the wordperfect filter
or the mysql connector: we cannot ship this functionality
with Apache OO due to licensing issues but making them
available through external extensions in Apache Extras
would be just fine. Some familiarity with the UNO API
is a prerequisite.

PDF import extension

We need to replace xpdf with Apache PDFBox or something
similar and add support OCR support with something like
Tesseract: http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/

I think that's enough ... for now ;).

cheers,

Pedro.