incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC 2012 is coming
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:14:28 GMT

--- Lun 5/3/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:

> Looking at the timeframe for this, it looks like the program
> is mainly mid-May through mid-August. So this will be after
> AOO 3.4 is out, but before AOO 4.0 is out.

I think we will likely start using branches for some
projects by then.

> Does it need to be be core AOO C++ code projects?  Or
> could it be, for example, test suite development in
> Java?  What about OpenOffice extensions?

Both are pretty valid. I meant you can forget about
marketing, documentation, or translation projects. Google
Code-in is more appropriate for that.

FWIW, the process has been revised several times by Google
but there will likely be a midterm evaluations and final
evaluations, ohh and mentors are also paid.

> Maybe we can get started by collecting ideas on a wiki
> page?

Absolutely. I highly recommend using a format with
at least this fields:

[Project Idea Title]

[Contact information]

[Project Description ....]