incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Roberts <lookfortherab...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: NIS reporting WS.Reputation.1 on Windows developer snapshots [was: Re: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test]
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:13:43 GMT
This NIS "error" is a standard trust error and can be solved by publishing a release message
to the Virus vendors and they will add the necessary updates to their respected definations
packages.
Greg-

________________________________
From: Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittmann@googlemail.com>
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Friday, March 2, 2012 3:53 AM
Subject: NIS reporting WS.Reputation.1 on Windows developer snapshots [was: Re: Calling all
volunteers: It is time to test]

Hi,

On 02.03.2012 11:22, Joost Andrae wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after downloading the multi language OOo-Dev 3.4.0_m1 build (r1293550) for
> Windows from
> http://people.apache.org/~orw/DevSnapshots-Rev.1293550/win32/OOo-Dev_OOO340m1_Win_x86_install_en-US_de_fr_it_es_ja_pt-BR_zh-CN_nl.exe
> Norton Internet Security found WS.Reputation.1 and removed the installation set
> from my system.

Greg Roberts also reported such an issue.

My system used to create the Windows developer snapshots has Symantec Endpoint Protection
running in an excepted mode for such protection system.
No virus are detected on my system.

I have additionally checked the created installation sets with newly installed Kaspersky Internet
Security 2012. Result: no virus.

It looks like that Norton Internet Security found a "false positive" here.

May be more people can check with their protection systems the provided installation sets.

Best regards, Oliver.