incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Unconquerable Mail Delivery Failures
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:31:43 GMT
Shane.

Thank you.

I have double-checked the message.  There are no URIs in it.  There are instructions related
to file system locations, but those locations are given in the form of URIs.  If that is the
real cause of the rejections, there seems no way to overcome it.  There is nothing that my
mail reader would conclude needs to be highlighted as a link, for example.

I carefully reviewed the message and sent it again.  It bounced again.  I have saved the latest
bounce as text and enclosed it in a Zip.  The Zip attachment won't go to these lists, but
it should be enough for the direct recipients to confirm that the rejection appears to be
bogus and not in my power to do anything about.

This is clearly a message-specific bounce.  Other mail from me to both ooo-users and ooo-dev
passes muster.

I am not interested in fixing the mail-filtering system.  I just want to be able to communicate
this information somehow.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Curcuru [mailto:asf@shanecurcuru.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 07:38
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unconquerable Mail Delivery Failures

Apache mail infrastructure uses Apache SpamAssassin for scanning all
mail coming to our lists.  You can at least see what might be tripping
up your mail by searching for "SpamAssassin URIBL_BLACK" or similar.

In particular, you hit these rules:

   http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Rules/URIBL_BLACK
   http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Rules/URIBL_JP_SURBL

These each mean that some URI in your message body (i.e. not your sender
information) is on one of the blacklists above.

Each rule has a certain weighting on the Apache mail servers, and if the
total weight exceeds the threshold, the mail is rejected.

- Shane

On 2012-03-26 10:18 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Huh??  I can't get past this filter from any of my e-mail addresses with a particular
piece of mail.  I've tried everything I can think of.   Could it be that it talks about P
A T C H I N G some W I N D O W S ?

(SPF_NEUTRAL,URIBL_BLACK,URIBL_JP_SURBL