incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [RELEASE,CODE]: Bug 119090 - Default Encryption Fails for Down-Level Implementations
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 20:11:41 GMT
I have seen user complaints about the encryption problem on OOo/LO lists.  I haven't been keeping
track of them, though.

Evidently, the LibreOffice team considers this problem to have been solved by back-porting
the consumption of AES256 to LibreOffice 3.4 with the LO 3.4.5 (January) and 3.4.6 (just-now)
releases.  I haven't checked to see if that changes the "Save with Password" behavior in those
LO 3.4 versions or it simply provides consumption of the AES256 default output from up-level
LO 3.5.x versions.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:59
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [RELEASE,CODE]: Bug 119090 - Default Encryption Fails for Down-Level Implementations

[ ... ]

Remember, the encryption has been set to AES since 3.4 Beta, 9 months ago.
I have not seen any user complaints.  LO has made the same choice.  I have
not seen any user complaints there either.  And now we're going to hold up
the release for this?  Really?

Again, -1 to changes to are not fixing show stopping issues.

-Rob

[ ... ]