incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: IP clearance issues ( was Re: AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report As of 2012.03.19(2012.03.13 - 2012.03.19))
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:55:28 GMT
Apache releases handle the equivalent of the THIRDPARTYLICENSES by combined use of the NOTICE
and LICENSE files.  Also, as has been determined elsewhere, the NOTICE and LICENSE files on
a binary distribution may be different than on the source code because of additional third-party
material that may be embedded in a binary release.

When the IP clearance is completed, the THIRDPARTYLICENSES notice should disappear and the
NOTICE and LICENSE files should carry the necessary information instead.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jürgen Schmidt [mailto:jogischmidt@googlemail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 03:04
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: IP clearance issues ( was Re: AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report As of 2012.03.19(2012.03.13
- 2012.03.19))

On 3/19/12 8:40 AM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hello;
>
> --- Lun 19/3/12, Shenfeng Liu<liushenf@gmail.com>  ha scritto:
>> Data: Lunedì 19 marzo 2012, 01:29
>> Pedro,
>>    You can see from the test plan
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release-QA-Plan
>> , that
>> the IP clearance testing that Lily performed is functional
>> verification
>> test for those areas impacted by the IP clearance work. I
>> think the code
>> scan work should be done by developer, but not Lily as a
>> tester.
>>    While I'm also curious to know if any tool can be
>> used to help us to do
>> the IP scan...
>>
>> - Simon
>>

> I see .. That testing is very important, thanks.
>
> I guess I am rather worried that our first reviewer actually
> thought he could trust us on the IP review. I suspect I have
> also been the only looking at the NOTICE and LICENSE files.
you were not the only one but I had nothing to add so far ;-)

But I don't know if you have the feedback on general@incubator to my
request for early feedback.

Marvin was surprise that our LICENSE file contains ALv2 license only and
list not all licenses of used externals.

Any opinions on this how we can address this best?

Juergen