incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Does the AOO blog ever get comments?
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 05:46:29 GMT
Rob,

Go to a single entry page.  For example, <https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/an_apache_openoffice_timeline>.

Scroll down to the bottom of the right sidebar, just below the AOO logo.

Be sure to log in.

Then use Create&Edit:Comment.

You will see all 30 of the comments for the entire blog.  There are a few that have not been
approved.  A few have been tagged as spam.

It appears that there is no one who is notified when there are new entries here.  Also, this
is one of those where no one has agreed to curate the comment queue.  I remember finding it
long ago and curating some comments, but since I haven't been writing any posts, there is
nothing in existence that reminds me to go looking for comments.

I just did a quick review and approved a couple of recent ones.  They are typically on-topic
as questions to us, but not always on-topic with regard to the post they are applied to.

There are none on any post since March 7, though.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 22:11
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Does the AOO blog ever get comments?

It seems odd to me that we didn't receive any comments at all on the
email shutdown post, even though a link was sent out to 4000+ people
on the announce list, as well as sent to a number of the legacy OOo
lists.

I see nothing either, when I log in to edit the blog.  No comments at all.

Is there a rights issue here?  If we're moderating comments for spam
or whatever, then we really should make it (if possible) so blog
authors can approve and respond to comments.  It doesn't work that
well otherwise.  (Alternatively, make all blog authors also
moderators, admins or whatever other Roller role needed to work with
comments.)

-Rob