incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Removing output trees during the bootstrap step?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:03:29 GMT
On 23.02.2012 17:19, Herbert Duerr wrote:
[..]

> Yes, these work IF the matching header files have already been copied to
> the output trees.
>
> As the build order and the build dependencies between the modules are
> still managed by e.g. sd/prj/build.lst there is a race possibly
> resulting in the header files not being "delivered" fast enough. Then
> the local dependency magic sees the old unchanged files and does nothing
> though it should if it had seen the updated files.
>
> If the dependencies were not against the files in the output trees but
> against the files in the modules themselves the mechanism could work
> reliably. One would have to leave generated header files out of the
> picture though.

The dependencies in the new modules (e.g.
trunk\main\solver\340\wntmsci12\workdir\Dep\CxxObject\svx\source\svdraw\svdobj.d)
are also against the delivered headers (one excerpt):

	$(OUTDIR)/inc/offuh/com/sun/star/lang/XComponent.hpp \
	$(OUTDIR)/inc/sal/config.h \

Thus, the include dependencies could also be wrong with the new build
system by being dependent from the build order of the modules, same as
with the old modules.

Hopefully the new system has a better way to define the module
dependencies against each other to exclude this possibility. As long as
the old and new builded modules are mixed I doubt this.

> Herbert

Sincerely,
	Armin
--