incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to generate crash report?
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 07:49:29 GMT
  Hi,

within OOo usually the CrashReporter starts if the application binary
crashes and you could easily copy&paste the callstack. But be aware that
callstacks do not necessarily provide all information needed to catch
the function that caused this crash. You might also need a memory
mapping table (at least on Windows) which is also part of the crash
report (if this functionality is still used in AOO) because usually the
binaries are stripped and don't contain symbols (for size reasons). If
you start the application with a debugger then you can use it's
backtrace (bt) functionality like in gdb on Linux.
If you just want to test if the application creates a crash report then
you could "kill -SEGV" this binary on Linux/Solaris/FreeBSD/MacOSX or
you can use the kill.exe which you can find within the source directory
in ../solver/340/wntmsci12.pro/bin by calling "kill.exe -NULL
soffice.bin" from within a commandline shell after opening eg. the about
dialog (just to have a reproducible stack frame on the callstack
output). On Windows OOo wrote minidump .dmp files which can be read by
the windbg tool from MS$.

Am 15.02.2012 06:56, schrieb Zhe Liu:
> Hi,
> My OO crashed. I want to generate a crash report  as the attachment of
> a bug report?
> How can I do it? Thank you!

Kind regards, Joost