incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: http://www.openoffice.org/
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:55:38 GMT
	Hi Wolf and Dave,

On 14.02.2012 17:23, Wolf Halton wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Armin Le Grand<Armin.Le.Grand@me.com>  wrote:
[..]
> Hi Armin,
> Now I understand.  You're right, It should say Apache OpenOffice,
> since that ended up being the name we chose.  I went and looked at the
> Hadoop site http://hadoop.apache.org/ where the Apache part of the
> name is prominent.  Drew made up the logo currently there, I believe.
> Just changing the logo and maybe a couple of additions to the name in
> a few text blocks would be good.

Thanks for clarification, and sorry, I just re-checked and indeed I did
not mention that I wanted it to be 'Apache OpenOffice'. Sigh. I'll try
to be more clear next time.

I cannot remember all of that discussion when to change the branding,
but wouldn't people be surprised when we publish an 'Apache OpenOffice
3.4' and they expected an 'OpenOffice.org 3.4' due to the naming
conventions on the web pages...? Also we already changed the logos in
the program and the installers, AFAIK.

> Wolf

Sincerely,
	Armin