incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI is no more used?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:03:40 GMT
Hi,

Le 23 févr. 12 à 08:37, Maho NAKATA a écrit :

> quoting from slideshow/source/engine/makefile.mk
>
>> .IF "$(ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI)"=="YES"
>> ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI is not used anymore
>> .ENDIF

That's not true.

> quoting from configure.in
>> AC_ARG_ENABLE(presenter-extra-ui,
>> [  --enable-presenter-extra-ui   enables extra functionality
>> during slideshow,
>>                                  e.g. selecting pen color, erasing
>> drawings etc.
>> ],,enable_presenter_extra_ui=no)
>
> Which can be used? I don't know.

It is used for Impress annotation mode feature (pen, color, eraser).
The code was written by Ecole Centrale Nantes students, mentored by
Thorsten Behrens and myseld, with Education Project.

We added those flags, because the feature was not well accepted
(don't ask me why ...)

OT  : this is one good example of what we did with the OpenOffice.org
Education Project, students  from engineers schools : a winner -
winner example.

> Anyway cleanup is needed.

In Apache OpenOffice I don't know, but FYI, I fixed some issues and I
am currently improving the feature in OOo4Kids and OOoLight.

there is now a long list of changes and bugfixes, and as very visible
example, I fixed the uninitialized color dialog box (far better user
experience !)

I hope this answers your question.

Eric

--